Sunday, December 12, 2010

Movin' on up!

Slowly but surely we're making our way up in the pages on the adoption website.  This is both good and bad in that it means couples are being picked and moving on with their lives and bad in that it's not us.  Haha.  I have my moments when I go crazy about the wait, but overall things are pretty good.  I haven't done any more baby supplies shopping yet, but there's still plenty of time left in the month.  I think that Shannon letting us borrow her things for the time being has really allowed me to calm down about not being all that prepared.  Except this morning where the conversation went a little something like this:

Kristen:  We have to pick up Mack tomorrow, don't let me forget.
Me:  Okay, I'll add a reminder to my phone.
Kristen:  I don't have baby carseat tie downs in my car.  (Some other things but I don't want to freak Gretchen out.. haha)
Me:  Um, maybe it's time we spend $25,000 so you can get baby carseat tie downs?  Hint: maybe you need a new car.

We're totally picking up Mack in my car, Gretchen, don't worry.

Anyone who knows anything about Kristen and I knows that we've been having the "maybe Kristen should get a new car" talk for oh, about 3 years now.  I know one day it'll happen but it's going to happen on Kristen Time and not Misty Time.

Christmas is less than 2 weeks away now and I'm excited to go spend a few days back home with the family.  I think that mom is stoked that we're going back for Christmas which is cute to see.  Everytime we talk on the phone she's like, "You guys are still coming back, right?"  Yes, mom, the plan is to still go back.  Pending the pass isn't a complete and total snowy mess.  Even then the plan is for the 4 of us and Leo to rent a big ol' SUV and make our way back together.  Unless the weather is going to be clear and then we might just take our own cars and save the moolah.  Who knows?

Anyway, just wanted to touch base!  Things are pretty much the same with us.  Working, christmas shopping, going to the gym and hanging out with friends.  Life's been pretty good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment