Monday, November 22, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like....Winter.

It is snowing.  And it’s a deafening reminder that the Holidays are approaching at warp speed.  This past weekend we had our Pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving with Misty's dad. It was nice.  We had ham for this one, in the hopes of not burning ourselves out on turkey before the actual Turkey day.  We played wii and had a good time.  I think maybe we will try to make that a tradition.  He left early on Sunday due to the mountain pass being so snowy.

Misty and I went and did some preliminary shopping yesterday.  We got a few people completely taken care of, and got ideas for the rest. I now have to think about what to get Misty for Christmas. It’s so tough since I have already exhausted the entire realm of electronics.  I love that she is easy to buy for like a guy! As long as it is new and technology she is pretty much excited.  I thought about getting us a new video camera, since we could possibly have a little one around soon, and all we have are 8mm film cameras still.  But we'll see. (After all she IS reading this).

Through a friend I know a woman who had placed her child up for adoption using the agency we are working with.  It was only about 4 months ago that the placement occurred, and I think she is still having a hard time with it.  She is also going through a tough breakup; I invited her and her other daughter to Thanksgiving at our house.  I hate the idea that anyone would spend Thanksgiving alone, especially when going through such a hard time.

Speaking of hard time:  For those of you who don't know, one of my best friends Gretchen has been in the past 4 months - Diagnosed with breast cancer, had double mastectomy surgery, also found out she had a type of skin cancer on her breast skin, had surgery for that, and is now in the process of chemotherapy.  Anyone who knows Gretchen knows she is a tough cookie, but I know she is struggling with this.  She will also be at Thanksgiving, even if she doesn't really enjoy the holiday.  I told her if she didn't come, I would go to her condo, knock on the door, and loudly proclaim “YOU GAVE ME HERPES" until she answered the door and agreed to attend.  I think that threat was effective

No comments:

Post a Comment