Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finally!

There was FINALLY a lesbian adoption at our agency!  Apparently the last lesbian adoption was October of 2009 which was extremely daunting to learn about 3 months ago.  But it doesn't matter anymore because there's been a lesbian adoption and the only way this could be more exciting (and terrifying, but in a totally good way) is if it was US!  Yay for them and their new little family :)  I'm also excited that our next adoption support group meeting is in a week!  While Kristen is friends with a couple of people from the group on Facebook, I haven't seen or talked to anyone since our December meeting.  Definitely miss the information and connections with people that are going through the same things that we're going through.

So let's see...  I think my last post found me in -15 degree weather in Colorado with the other Durangotangs.  Since then I've been to San Diego and now I'm back in Seattle with no foreseeable travel in my near future.  I like to travel but there are definitely times when it's just great to be HOME.  San Diego was awesome and warm and it's definitely a place that I could see myself living if we ever had to move.  I'm all about beach weather, people.  Sun, sand and surf is for me.

Speaking of which, we're trying to plan our annual "summer vacation" right now.  I really wish that I could feel safe in Mexico, because I LOVE it there, but right now it's just scary.  And I know they say to avoid only the border towns and that the resort towns are safe, and I know that if something was going to happen to us it could happen ANYWHERE, but I feel like, why put myself in that situation where we know it's dangerous?  Hopefully one day Mexico can get a handle on the drug stuff, but until then I'm going to have to find somewhere else to vacation.  Which brings us to St. Martin!  Maybe.  We've talked about a cruise but Kristen's main worry is that I'm going to feel "trapped" on the boat and I'm going to be miserable.  I can't argue her that because I'm the same person that HAS TO (has to, people) try to leave the house any time it snows just to see how far I can get before I'm actually stuck and have to slink back and admit defeat.  I hate feeling trapped so cruise could be a very interesting concept for me.  My argument to her is that we could try it once and if it's way to much for me to handle then we just don't do it again.  We'll see how that goes :)

I haven't really bought anything baby related for a while and I think that I might do something about that.  Maybe this weekend.  I can't have Kristen with me because she talks me out of everything!  Even just a pack of onesies or a blanket or something!  Her answer is always NO.  I think that she's afraid of having too much stuff around the nursery room, but the way I look at it is every month we're in the pool is one month closer to a baby!  Girl Scout up!  Be prepared!  Plus the door to the nursery is always closed (it's been deemed a cat free zone) so maybe I'll just sneak things in there one by one and hope that she doesn't notice.

Warrior Dash traiing is actually going really well for me!  I manage to get to the gym about 4 times a week with one of those days being soccer on Tuesdays.  I'm also doing this calorie count thing on my iPhone and it's been a real eye opener to watch the amount of calories that you put in your mouth every day without really thinking about it.  I've never really been a snacker, but even small things like (2) Carmel Delight (Samoa, whatever) Girl Scout cookies are 160 calories!  Do you know how much time on the treadmill that equals?  About 20 minutes at 5mph.  Just to burn those off!  Okay, now I'm sounding preach-y but you get my point.  So far I'm down 2 pounds out of the 9 that I wanted to lose, which Lose It (the iPhone app) promised me would happen by April 15th so we'll see how it goes :)  I'm gonna be one sexy Warrior Dash biatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment