Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One year anniversary!

The one year anniversary of being in the baby pool came and went without too much fanfare in the Gonzales-Ryan household.  In fact, I didn’t even really think about it until about 20 minutes ago when I looked at the date on a drawing that was sitting in front of me and realized that it’s been a year.  That’s not to say that I don’t think about it probably every other day, though.  July 27th of this year Kristen and I were busy making plans for an impromptu work trip to Hawaii that I had to take. (I know, I know.. “had” is a strong word to use behind the word “Hawaii”)

So what’s been going on since I last wrote?  Because I don’t know the date right off hand, I’m just going to wing it.  I think that I posted pictures of Warrior Dash last time which would have been toward the end of July.  I actually think that I posted pics of the kickball tourney too, which was the weekend of the 23rd.  So that brings us to the weekend of the 30th and our trip to Hawaii so I guess I’ll talk about that!

Kristen and I have a (bad? Or maybe good?) habit of trying to cram as many things into vacation as possible – so much so that I need like a day or two to recuperate from all of the fun things that we did!  So we left Seattle early Sunday and headed to Hawaii.  Landing in Hawaii at around noon or so we just kicked it around the hotel and neighborhood that day.  We’d never stayed on that side of Waikiki before so we had a lot of exploring to do.  Over the next several days we went  parasailing and jet skiing, riding the scooters around the island again, and meeting up with my friend Jen that moved back home to Hawaii to take care of her grandpa.  We also met up with Stranger and Danger, a couple that plays kickball with us, at a luau one of the nights!  Do you see what I mean about fitting a lot in?  Oh yeah, and Friday I had to work (boo!) but that gave Kristen a change to climb Diamond Head (yay!).  I was super jealous that she went without me, but I’m glad that she had found something to do instead of just sitting in the room that day.  She also got some amazing shots of Waikiki from that vantage but I had taken the camera with me in case I had to go visit the site so all she had was her camera phone!  Maybe I can get her to upload some photos here soon.

Here is where you can find other pics of the trip in the meantime, though! 


Other than that I just had to hit the ground running when we came back from Hawaii because the rental house tenants were moving out and it’s always a process to get the house turned around and ready to rent again.  Overall the house was in good shape, but there’s always one or two things that kick my butt as I’m trying to get them fixed.  This time around it’s going to be trying to figure out how to get the broken bathroom faucet off so that I can replace it.  It’s one of those funky pedestal type sinks and I have no idea how they got it on so tight to begin with.  Yay for life as a slum lord.  Anyway…

Summer is wrapping up and that makes me sad.  It’s be kind of a lame summer weather-wise and it almost makes me miss the warm Tri-Cities.  If it weren’t for those blasted windy winters and the fact that my job is here I’d probably go back in a heartbeat.  This weekend is going to be busy with a birthday party go-kart race and Storm game and next weekend is a trip home to celebrate mom’s birthday… finally!  Then it’ll be Labor Day weekend and the Summer Camp concert!  After that I honestly don’t have anything planned for my weekends, which will be odd.  Except I need to plan a paintball outing that I bought on Living Social.  I’m learning it’s WAY too handy to have my card preprogrammed into that app.  Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment