Friday, September 9, 2011

Checking in...

Editor’s note:  I always start these blogs out in Word, away from the actual Blog and then I forget what it was that I mentioned last time to be able to continue on with this new blog.

Summer has finally hit Seattle and it couldn’t be more perfect!  It’s been in the 80s most of September and to me, that’s perfect.  Better late than never, especially when the weatherguys are all aflutter about us having another La Nina winter.  I’m not exactly sure what that means but I’m pretty sure that La Nina is Spanish for: you’re going to get a lot of snow, so be prepared.  BAH, I say!  Let’s focus more on the late summer that we’re having!

Labor Day weekend couldn’t have been more perfect.  Friday I was at an all day concert featuring the like of The Naked and Famous, The Givers, AWOLNATION, The Joy Formidable and lots more.  It was great to be outside with friends and taking in the awesome weather and great tunes.  I don’t know how it happened, but I managed to only burn the inside of my legs.  How does that happen??  Anyway, in the meantime mom had come into town and was hanging out with Jeff at the studio.  Saturday was spent running around getting ready for the BBQ later that night.  The BBQ was fun!  More low key than the ones that we normally have, but it was a holiday weekend and the turnout was perfect.  I managed to only get bit by one bug which is HUGE news for me.  Seems the skeeters in Seattle love them some Misty.  Sunday was pretty low key.  We spent a couple of hours with Jeff and Matt installing a new washer at the rental house, replacing the one that flooded the laundry room (that’s for THAT, stupid old washer) the Wednesday before the long weekend.  Monday Kristen and I hauled down to IKEA for a dresser for the nursery and about $200 worth of other randomness for the house.

Let’s get into how complicated the dresser was to put together.  I had heard a while ago that IKEA had to change their little pictorial installers on all of their instructions from being a woman (women’s lib got their panties in a twist) to now be well, not even human-looking, let’s be honest.  It took THREE female humans to get that damn dresser together!  And there were 2 left over cam locks.  Oy.  Pray the thing stays together.  So all we’re missing now is the crib which was ordered from Babies R Us last night!  The whole room is coming together now and I’m completely excited :)  I know that it might still be a little while before it’s actually filled with a baby, but these little steps remind me that this is really happening.

Let’s see.. what else?  This weekend wraps up the last of the regular season for the Storm and that’s kind of sad.  Okay, I’ll be honest and say that I wasn’t really as into this season as I have been in the past.  Maybe it was because we were so busy this summer that we missed a handful of games and it was kind of a hassle to schedule everything else around them.  Oh well.  They’ve made it to the playoffs and tonight’s game determines if we get home court advantage over the Mercury or not.  That would be HUGE because it’s harder for us to lose at home than away.  Although, I suppose that’s why they call it “advantage”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment